Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Granted permission to get married.......



It was December 5, 1942 and a young couple was granted permission by the Catholic church to get married during the Christmas season because the young man was leaving in 7 days to Fort Devins as an enlisted army soldier. That couple were my parents, Mary Kathyrn Medeiros, daughter of Manuel C. Medeiros and the late Anna Medeiros to Edmund Joseph Pacheco, son of Virginia Camara Pacheco and Manuel R. Pacheco.


They met at a roller skating rink in East Providence and then worked together at the American Lace Company in Pawtucket, where my Dad worked in shipping and my Mom was a thread drawer. My mom's birthday was August 25, 1922 and my Dad's, March 27, 1921

2 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW! You look so much like your mother when she was younger! They made a very handsome couple.

Chat with Kathleen said...

Thank you
Growing up, no matter where we went or who we met, the same comment was "You must be sisters"
I was always told that I could never have been adopted because I look so much like my mother. I feel that was always a compliment because my mother was a beautiful woman even into her senior years she never looked her age and had the most loveliest complexion.