"Honest Scrap" award today.
Here are the rules for the Honest Scrap award -
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - make it interesting, even if that means digging deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Interesting things about Me, that you may not know: 1. I drank turpentine when I was younger while painting a paint by number painting. I thought it was my ginger ale. (I had 2 cups side by side) I have always loved to sketch, draw, paint and be creative.
2. I always wanted to be a girl scout, but my parents said they didn't have extra money for clubs and extra-curricular activities. I wanted to play a flute and be in the marching band. Still was told I couldn't.
3. I was crowned the Holy Ghost Queen when I was a teenager. I marched in a procession "Feast of the Holy Ghost in Cranston, RI, where my parents and Godparents were members of the Cranston Portuguese Club. This feast is a Catholic celebration that proclaims the faith of the Portuguese and their devotion to the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity.
4. Growing up I was very involved with the Sister of St Dorothy and I wanted to become a nun. this ambition changed when I attended college to become a teacher. I always wanted to be a mother and have children.
5. I love to dance, always have and always will. Growing up I would go with my Godmother Hilda to Phillip Street Portuguese Club where we would dance chamaritas and polkas all night. I actually met my DH at a dance club at the Grist Mill in Seekonk, Ma.
6. I attended Syracuse Univerity during the mid 60's when there were racial riots. We actually had to keep our Lawrinson Hall Dorm building locked at all times and were told never to walk alone. I swam in the Onodaga Lake. One of my close friends was from Quebec.
7.I love sunsets along the ocean on a warm evening. Packing a lunch to go and sit on a blanket on the beach or in the park with my Hubby is relaxing and peaceful and inexpensive.