Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Unexpected Evening

Meeting for the first time on February 11, 1967
These 2 photos were taken at my Parents 25th Anniversary December 6, 1967
I was only 23 and John was 28

My special memory fell on this date , February 11, 1967
It was the night that I met a most wonderful young man who later became my dear husband of 40 years this coming June 28th, 2009. I was a 5th teacher at Meadowcrest Elementary School in East Providence, RI. After a week of work and children some teachers would get together and go out on the town.
This particular night I really did not feel like going dancing and socializing so I told my fellow teacher friend, Angie, that I was going to pass. She begged me to please go just for a few hours because she had met a young man, Carney, the previous week that she liked but did not want to go alone and wanted to see him again. Being a good friend I said all right and we got in her '66 yellow Volkwagon beetle and headed to the Grist Mill in Seekonk, Ma And the rest is history.....
Married June 28, 1969

11 comments:

Sally-Ann said...

Wonderful photos and memories! Thank you for sharing. I love "how we met" stories

Cherdecor said...

You certainly were a pretty young thing and your hubby a handsome young man. I love the daisies you are carrying.

Unknown said...

40 years - Wow! That's wonderful!

Congratulations! The wedding picture is great. :)

Now aren't you glad you went out with your friend? God had a plan all worked out for you.

Have a great day Kathleen.

Chat with Kathleen said...

SALLY-ANN:
I appreciate your sweet words and thank you for coming by to visit. It is true you never know where you will meet your soul mate, definitely was meant for me to go to that dance.

Chat with Kathleen said...

CHERDECOR:
I love daisies, my bouquet had white baby roses as well.I thank you for your sweet compliments.

Chat with Kathleen said...

LYNNETTE:
I am so glad I went that evening in spite of my reasons for not wanting to go. I believe it was meant to be and as you say my fate.

Abigail Kraft said...

How awesome! It's cool to watch God's plans unfold through every little moment of life. :)

Thanks for sharing your sweet memory with us!

In His arms,
--Abigail

Chat with Kathleen said...

ABIGAIL:
So true so true, Amen:)

Chat with Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Kathleen, You were so pretty and your husband so handsome! Isn't love wonderful! God is so good!

Thanks for letting us share in your fond memory.

Have a Happy Valentine's day with your Honey.
Love in Christ,
Linda

Chat with Kathleen said...

LINDA: Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. I appreciate your sweet sentiments, thank you:)